Cincom’s best-selling L series machines have been relaunched with exciting new functions.
The L20 XIIB5 finally enables simultaneous 5-axis control, greatly expanding the machining range of CNC automatic lathes.
Improved basic performance, along with great advances in ease of use.
Improved basic performance
- B-axis tools expand the machining range for the front spindle to 110°. This allows more complex machining with higher accuracy.
- The number of turning tools is increased to six, resolving tool shortages.
- Thermal dimension changes reduced through thermal analysis. This enables continuous machining with stable accuracy.
Ease of use
- The flip-up cutting room door provides a wide opening, and together with the door at the rear of the machine, allows easy access for tool setting.
- The coolant tank has been improved for easier chip cleaning.
- The tool pitches of the opposite tool post and back tool post have been widened to facilitate tool setting and reduce setup time.
- The operation panel has a large 15-inch touch panel. The new HMI (Human Machine Interface) allows intuitive operation.
- The latest NC unit on the machine realizes simultaneous 5-axis control. Cycle times are shortened due to improved program processing capability.
- The higher output of the back spindle improves acceleration/deceleration, which helps to shorten cycle times.
- LFV can now be used for back machining, eliminating problems with chip entanglement.
- The IoTFriendly function incorporated in the machine enables configuration of an operation monitoring system using communication standards compliant with OPC-UA and MTConnect.
- The available peripheral units include motor-driven knock-out devices, loaders/unloaders, ATC units, and servo-driven chucking devices.