Which version are you currently running? Please see below for the improvements you can expect when upgrading from a previous version:
New features compared to ‘Alkart CNC Wizard 2014’ (sold from June 2014 to April 2016)
- NEW CINCOM MACHINE SUPPORT: A20-VII Series 3, L32‐VIII, L32-IX, L32-X, L32-XII, L220‐VIII, L220-IX, L220-X, L220-XII. (i.e. GB GBL modes, templates, code library, engraving, machining data, M/G code lists)
- NEW MIYANO MACHINE SUPPORT: BNA-S2, BNJ-SY6, BND-SY2.
- Improved templates and code libraries for previously supported machines.
In addition to above, here are some further benefits compared to ‘Alkart CNC Wizard 2012’ (sold from July 2012 to June 2014)
- NEW CINCOM MACHINE SUPPORT: L12‐VII (GB and GBL), L20‐XII (GB and GBL), M16‐V Series 4, M16‐VII Series 4 and M16‐VIII Series 4 (i.e. templates, code library, engraving, machining data, M/G code lists)
- NEW MIYANO MACHINE SUPPORT: BNA-DHY2, BNJ-SY5, ABX-SYY2 and THY2.
- Completely redesigned program data screen including:
- Many additional configurable program options categorised in areas such as part-off, air/oil and component.
- Improved link to speedsfeeds screen – auto-insert selected value.
- New ‘User program data’ function to allow you to save the entered program data for future recall.
- Additional engraving orientation ‐ Face Engrave XY (PCD)
- Additional milling functions in standard library and many improvements to existing ones.
- Additional help support files – including how to use B‐axis on newer models.
- Improved speedsfeed screen including linked dials for milling and link to program data screen.
In addition to above, here are some further benefits compared to original ‘Alkart CNC Wizard’ (sold from June 2006 to June 2012):
- Cincom edition includes A32-VII GBL, L20-X, M432-V, M432-VIII (and all previously included models from original Wizard).
- Miyano edition includes – BNA (DHY MSY), ABX (SY SYY THY) and BNJ (SY SY2 SY3).
- New text engraving function included for most machines – several orientations on main and sub spindle are available.
- Miyano version includes an import / export function to easily manage programs made up of separate files for each head e.g. O1000, O1000.p-2, O1000.p-3 etc. and ability to view synchronised in side-by-side layout.
- Refreshed interface with new toolbar icons, program icon etc.
- ‘Remove Wizard guidance’ function to remove wizard comments (e.g. ‘insert code here’ etc.) after program has been generated.
- Speeds and Feeds calculator to advise inexperienced users on suitable speeds and feeds for operations.
- New calculator functions such as drilling depth calculator, groove calculator.
- Program conversion assistant – rules to can convert program between certain machines types e.g. L432-VII to A32-VII and also can perform numerical conversions such as metric inch conversion on full program..
- Quick Code feature available on right-click in editor with commonly used code e.g. for CoolBlaster etc.
- Base license now includes 3 PC licenses (was 2) – so can be installed on up to 3 PCs.